Who can use this digital service
Users of the DHI service could include, but are not limited to:
- primary health organisations (PHOs) with consumer portals
- private companies providing patient portals or other digital services to better the health outcomes of their customers
- health sector start-ups looking to leverage a large potential customer base
- other government agencies with an interest in the health outcomes of New Zealanders.
The DHI vision is to enable New Zealand health consumers to improve their health outcomes through access to digital health services.
If you think your service or application is suitable, get in touch.
Example use cases
The DHI Service could be used:
- to confirm users are who they say they are in a digital health environment
- to allow users to manage health records through a self-service web portal or mobile application
- by healthcare application providers wanting to enable access to their products and services for anyone who holds a My Health Account or My Health Account Workforce
- by application (app) developers who require high-levels of confidence in a health consumer’s identity before sharing sensitive health-related information.
Digital service type
OpenID Connect (OIDC)
Onboarding and implementation
Before starting the onboarding process, review the DHI Onboarding Guide. This guide provides useful information about the DHI service and the steps required to onboard and integrate your application, including meeting the brand guidelines.
Digital Health Identity: Onboarding and Integration Guide [PDF, 584 KB]
My Health Account: Brand Guidelines [PDF, 2.9 MB]
My Health Account Workforce: Brand Guidelines [PDF, 3.2 MB]
Once you have read the guide, complete the online onboarding request form. You will need to provide information about your organisation and the applications you will integrate with the DHI service.
Digital Health Identity Service Onboarding Request Form(external link)
Once your onboarding request has been approved, you will be provided with the information to start integration. The DHI onboarding team will be in touch if further information is required.
A test environment is available for all development activities. You will be setup with access as part of the onboarding process.
If you require support for onboarding or integration, email DHI.Integration@health.govt.nz.
My Health Account information — Te Whatu Ora(external link)
My Health Account(external link)
My Health Account Workforce information – Te Whatu Ora(external link)
My Health Account Workforce(external link)
OpenID Connect(external link)